Thursday, March 14, 2013

Perfume Challenge Update #2

This week my perfume challenge was a total bust, or maybe a success, it is hard to determine. I did find most of this week perfumes just horrible! The two that stood up were Eau D'Énergie by Biotherm and Acqua di Gioia by Giorgio Armani. The first problem I had with the others is that they were just too heavy and I don't like heavy perfumes, some had vanilla in them and some just smelled bad! I have had this post all written up for a week but I was having hard time with taking the pictures! 

Guerlain - Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau
Fragrance notes: Orange, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Neroli, Damascena rose, Jasmine, Iris, Vanilla, Tonka bean

Durability: It had decent durability, nothing special but not a vanishing act. 



Mr. Handsome: Liked it.
Me: Didn't like it the first time I had it on but it kinda grew on me, I do feel it is a bit heavy.  
Verdict: I am not 100% sold on this one, I think I am about 45% sold on it. So it will go into the won't buy pile.  


Giorgio Armani -   Acqua di Gioia
Fragrance notes: Mint, Brown Sugar, Lemon, Jasmine, Peony, Pink Pepper, Cedar Wood, Labdanum.

Durability: Doesn't last at all. I would have to re-spray it almost every twenty minutes! 

Mr. Handsome: It's alright. 
Me: Yes, I love it, it smells super fresh and light with enough sweetness without smelling like a lollipop
Verdict: I am really on the edge of this one, the only  problem I have with it is how little it lasts on the skin! I hate carrying perfume bottles with me because I have broken 3 cameras that way! To conclude, I think it will go on my not buying list.

*No picture, probably threw away the sample before I took one*
Biotherm - Eau D'Énergie
Fragrance notes: orange, mandarin, physalis, lemon, apricots, jasmine, cyclamen, cedar and musk.

Durability: Bad, I would always have to carry it with me if I wanted to be able to smell it. 

Mr. Handsome: It is alright
Me: Meh, 2 minutes after I spray it on it doesn't really smell like anything except for musk and I don't like musk. 
Verdict: Won't buy it.

Estée Lauder - Sensuous
Fragrance notes: Ghost Lily Accord, Magnolia, Jasmine, Molten Woods, Amber, Black Pepper, Mandarin Pulp, Honey

Durability: Good durability, smelled it on me all day and night and wanted to cry every time since it smelled bad.

Mr. Handsome: He really didn't have any opinion on it.
Me: I don't like how it smells, it somehow smells stale and old. It feels just to heavy and I like more of fresh and sweet perfumes.
Verdict: Won't buy it

La Prairie - Silver Rain
Fragrance notes: Apple, Anise, Bergamot, Gardenia, Mahnolia, Jasmine, Patchouli leaves, Vanilla, Musk

Durability: Lasted for a decent amount of time.


Mr. Handsome: No, didn't like it all and it gave him a headache. 
Me: No, it did smell quite vile.
Verdict: Won't buy it.

I didn't really finish the samples this week, the perfumes were just so uninteresting and some of the I couldn't even force myself to wear again! 

My next week perfumes are: 

Dior - J'adore
Lancôme - Trésor
Van Cleef & Arpels - Oriens
Chloé  - Love, Chloé
YSL - Parisienne

Bisous

P.S. Check out my other Perfume Challenge Posts.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I try to answer all of the comments but you can as well reach me on twitter @tafraises

Bisous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...