Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pantry Challenge: Introduction

I love setting myself challenges, I am not very competitive with anyone else except myself. This challenge was a mixture of me being lazy and me wanting to save some money. But it is more about me being lazy, I have to walk for about 15 minutes to get to the closes grocery store. It isn't that far, but I cannot be bothered to do it too often and especially not during my finals.



What I decided was to see how long I could sustain from the point where I looked into my fridge and decided I needed to go food shopping (Sunday) to the time I went food shopping. I definitely want it to last from Monday until Saturday, since on my walk home from volunteering I will pass a grocery store. So I will have gone 2 weeks without grocery shopping. 

My rules for this challenge are:
  • Do not go to the corner store to buy anything (yes that includes candy).
  • Only eat ONCE in the university cafeteria, and get whatever I want. (Preferably this won't happen, but since I have an 3 hour written exam on Friday I might need something extra to survive that).
  • Do not go to the bakery before volunteering.
  • And last but not least, do not go to the grocery store.
The first thing I did was assessing the food situation. None of the items I had were full, and most of them were pretty much empty (except for the sugar, I have way too much sugar).



So, what is hiding in your pantry and how long would it sustain you?



1 comment :

  1. Interesting. I'm quite lazy too and do this very often. I try to eat vegetables though and I prefer to use them fresh so I actually try to go to the supermarket more often, because otherwise I will just live on cheesy pasta and coffee. :D I'm so lazy though! When I buy some bread, all I eat is toasties. I tried making a list of what I have too, and try to take a note of what I consume. More good stuff, less bad stuff. Good luck with your finals!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I try to answer all of the comments but you can as well reach me on twitter @tafraises

Bisous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...